Prepare Your Business for 2019
It is a fact that 25% of small businesses never reopen after a catastrophe. Here is a simple checklist to start 2019 with a good disaster-prep program:
- Purchase Appropriate Insurance Coverage – property, business interruption, and liability insurance.
- Back up your data daily. Use online services such as Carbonite that keeps your essential files secure in an offsite location.
- Invest in safety equipment – First aid kits, defibrillators, flashlights and other equipment to keep your employees safe until help arrives.
- Practice safety drills – Knowing what to do in an emergency can save lives.
- Make a plan and circulate it – Escape routes, phone trees, contact numbers, special preparation for disabled employees and an agreed-upon meeting place for all employees.
Start 2019 with safety as a number one priority for your business and your employees.