How much life insurance do you need? There are a number of factors to consider in determining how much life insurance could be appropriate for you including:
- Who depends on you for their well-being?
- How much do you earn yearly? One rule of thumb is to think in terms of insurance coverage representing 5 to 7 times your annual earnings, after taxes. That way those left behind will be supported while they get back on their feet.
- What debts do you have? If they can be paid off with life insurance proceeds, that can take a burden off your family.
- How close are you to retirement? Generally, the closer you are to retirement the less life insurance you might need.
In addition, some other factors to consider include:
- Is your spouse working?
- Do you want to provide college funding for your children?
- Are there estate taxes you would want covered?
At Berkshire Insurance Group, we take the time to understand your needs to determine the amount of insurance appropriate for your unique situation. Then, we recommend different insurance product options to fit your needs and your budget.
Call us today to find out more about this valuable protection benefit.